Monday, June 1, 2009

Crazy Good Deals

I have to be nerdy for just a minute and post a picture of my recent snag at Homeland....All of this food for just $13.97 total at Homeland last week!!!



Our lives were forever changed about 6 years ago when we went through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course and became debt free (other than our house). As part of that lifestyle change, we started living on a monthly budget. As our expenses increase with new babies, toddler activities, etc., I am trying hard to keep our grocery bill the same. My good friend introduced me to "couponing" and several great sites that help a mom out (a couple are listed in my blog roll to the right). It does take extra time to clip and organize coupons, read sale circulars and hit different grocery stores but I think it is worth it. Anyway, I just had to brag about my purchase--thanks for letting me be nerdy!

2 comments:

Keysha said...

I am impressed and envious. I know lots of people in the couponing world, but just can't bring myself to get organized enough to do it! So, kudos to you!!! Maybe someday you can school me ;)

Deziray Click said...

Great JOB! I am proud of ya, still doing it, even with the demands of a neborn!! I got some good deals at Target today, on Smart Ones and a $5 gift card!