Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Cloth Cutie

Cloth Diapers??? How could anyone deal with something so yucky!?!?
I am here to tell you that cloth diapers are way different than when we were babies. We have been using them for about 8 weeks now and I love them!
After lots and lots of online research, I decided on BumGenius 3.0 diapers (www.bumgenius.com) because they are the most like disposables, making them easy and very Daddy-friendly. We basically just fold them up once they are dirty and throw them in a diaper pail. I wash them every couple of days and dry them in the sun to help them stay nice and white on the inside. Very easy!
I don't profess to be the "Queen of Green," but I do feel a bit better knowing that I am not throwing hundreds and hundreds of disposables in a landfill this time around. Plus, we are saving a ton of money not having to buy the disposables. The upfront investment was a little steep (we have spent about $300) but they will pay for themselves in just a matter of months AND we should be able to use them for 2 years or longer.
Check out how cute he looks in his cute cloth dipes....

3 comments:

Angela & Brad said...

awwwe, he's sooo stinkin' cute in his eco-friendly britches ;)

Keysha said...

Good for you guys! I've considered it many times, but just can't make the leap....I know several people that are cloth diapering fanatics! Congrats on doing it, and yes he looks cute in his cloth :)

Deziray Click said...

Love it, maybe you can teach me, once #2 comes along for us!