Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bring the HEAT!

Recipe for Labor Cookies:

2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking soda
3/4 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cayenne pepper
8 T. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. molasses
1/4 c. egg whites
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and spices and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the molasses to the creamed butter, then add the egg whites until combined. Addd the dry ingredients slowly. Once incorporated, roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto baking tray. Bake 8-10 minutes. Once cool eat as many as you can possibly stomach, lay down for a nap and wait for labor to begin!


Well, after 7 days of contractions and a few "this is really IT!" almost trips to Mercy Hospital, I am resorting to eating some Labor Cookies. Will it work? Probably not, but at least it is an excuse to eat some cookies. ;) They taste kind of like really spicy gingerbread cookies--not my favorite but I will choke them down for the chance to meet our baby soon. We are so excited to meet our Little Baby Hoppers!

"Baby, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (i.e.--my belly!)"

COOKIE UPDATE:
It has been about 7 hours since I stuffed myself with cookies and all I have to show for it is outrageous heartburn. :( Trevor, however, thinks that the cookies are absolutely delicious and says that I should make them more often. Oh well, at least I can say that I tried it.

3 comments:

Keysha said...

well, hope it works for you!!! if not, try this-have had SEVERAL people swear by it.
http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

The Christenson's said...

So...it's been a bit since this post. I guess they didn't quite work...?? Praying for baby to come quick!

Deziray Click said...

Baby Hoppers is nice and warm in there, sorry she/he is taking so long to come out and meet us all.
It will happen soon!